2/23/2007

Home

From what one called a vacation. There are other terms that fit it more adequately. First drove down to the beach (about 3.5 hours away) with the flu, a nifty fever, a very full car, and one happy excited 6 year old.

Spent the entire time going through Kleenex for my nose drugging my self with DayQuil Flu and other various legal drugs. While being super mom walking on the beach, swimming for far to long in a luke warm pool that is trashed by anyone's standards. We stayed at a 'resort' on the Washington coast. One I had been to before about 7 years back. I am not sure they did ANYTHING since then.

Sadly I found they sold the place about 5 years ago and I can say that not much has been done in any sort of preventive maintenance or even basic maintenance ways of the entire place. The cabin lacked lots, but not leaking roofs, doors or mice. Had plenty of that.

Other than that it was a grand way to spend 500 bucks for 3 nights. Good thing a 6 year old does not have a lots to judge things by, she had a splendid time.

I am home and looking forward to my bed. Soon.

Peace.