3/09/2007

Instinct...

How does one wake up in the middle of the night knowing something is wrong? Around 1 am last night I awoke with that sense. Got up padded outside my bedroom door and lights were on down the hallway towards my daughter’s room and bathroom.

She was of course throwing up. Why I have not clue. Other than her very sensitive stomach (which invariably is the issue) she had no forewarning. What would it be like to be 6 and feel guilty because you endlessly vomit? I know what it feels like being 42 and doing that and I certainly would never want my 6 year old feel that way.

Another night with no sleep. We sit by the toilet, as I read out loud so many of those Dr. Suess books. She continues on the quest to empty her stomach. Around 5 we crawl into my bed me hoping she has nothing left to expunge.

The day has invariably changed. One meeting one MUST go to work for. Will bring daughter with me. We will both head home afterwards. Her to rest, me to get moving on laundry and cleaning. Then perhaps we both can take a well-deserved nap.

Here is hoping the day can go that easy. Doubtful in this life, but what the hell, hope is always there.

Peace.