3/24/2005

Full Moon?

Not quite yet...perhaps this evening. It shines so brightly that the birds are reflected onto the pavement from the wires in the morning light. There voices can be heard vocalizing to one another. The day begins crisp, clear and cold. The light will bring forth the warmth of another day of sun. Plants and people will soak it up and once again both will miss the nutrients of the water falling upon the ground.

The week has slid by in routine fashion. Each day bringing us closer to the next. With each there are new ideas and thoughts. Where are we going one may ask with absolutely no answer forth coming. If the monotony of a daily routine brings uniqueness...look closely and it will be seen. The thoughts and process may almost seem plain, but each step is slightly altered from each experience past through. So many details make up a day all varied each time.

We need consistency in our process and routine, however regardless of that each moment is unique from the past. As humans we have a tendency to skip the details today, but never forget that this moment wont be repeated. Whether that is good or not is not even valid.

Our minds can hold memories, some people can hold them crisply and clearly some more vaguely but the content and ideal all remains in tact. Unfortunately much of what one forgets are the moments of routine, but sometimes those are as important as the ones outside of our routine.

Each day may be new but we follow paths that seem to be paved in a certain method. It is good to keep ones head up looking forward, however never forget to look down closely at the sides once in a while, see the creations that live so closely to your road on a daily basis. The view in front is open wide with opportunity and longing but so is the area surrounding your path where the shadow lie, where the bumps live, where the small parts of life are compacted into smooth road being built piece by piece at your feet. What lies so close to you can be as wonderful as the view up ahead.

My daughter sat and sifted through gravel yesterday after riding her bike in the sunshine. I was digging up ivy roots off a rock wall. She stopped to watch me, and then asked why I was killing the beautiful green leafed plant. I told her ivy grew very quickly and not to worry, I was not killing the plant but cutting it back so it would not take over. She let me know that I was wrong the leaf in my hand that I cut was going to die even if more grew later on those pieces I held were not going to come back. She was right. A perspective different from my own reminded me to look closer at the moment of interaction. I continued on my destruction of the plant, but I was at least aware of the reality of what I was doing.

It may be important sometimes to see a picture from another perspective. All moments of routine have uniqueness and one can see that variance when examined closer. Try catching a few more examples today. The full moon comes every month but each one brings something different with it. Each is changed, as is this moment in life it won’t be repeated. Repetition may seem to occur but differences live in each movement. Absorb and live for all of them.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

You're on a roll....

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What she said! You are on a roll...
R

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home/Hide Comment