4/04/2013

I wonder...

When I was a child from 4-14 I went to the beach every summer for most of the month of August with my family. One of our big deals was to find shells and such to bring home. This included the hard to find full sand-dollar. It couldn't be broken or in pieces. These were very hard to find, we would get up really early hit the beach and spend hours hunting for them. If we were lucky one of us (5 total) would find one per trip. So these days when we go to the beach I find numerous and I bring bags of them home for the garden. Now what I was thinking about today as I drove home with the kids and a car full of worthy sand-dollars was how times have changed. They are not so hard to find now and it still pleases me to no end to bring loads of them home, however if I really think about it perhaps it is saying something about the health of our ocean? I wonder...